Individual courses and programmes
In addition to our training packages, we are able to offer an expanding range of specialised training on a range of subjects. These will change on a year-by-year basis to ensure the changing needs of our partner schools are being met. We are currently offering: Moderation Twilights and Philosophy for Children (P4C).
Facilitated by subject specialists including trained moderators from Southampton and Portsmouth, they provide essential guidance to teachers and schools on the accuracy of their assessments and valuable training on writing, reading and maths.
Teachers, learning support staff and school leaders who want to effectively develop and embed a rich thinking skills programme in their classrooms, using the Philosophy for Children model as developed by SAPERE
This two day course answers 4 main questions:
- What is the Community of (Philosophical) Enquiry?
- What makes questioning philosophical and how can such questioning improve teaching and learning?
- How do you develop a community of enquiry/thinking classroom, including evaluating progress?
This course will draw on a range of theory and practical tools and techniques to enable participants to successfully use P4C within their classroom to deepen learning and develop more skillful thinkers.
- A clear understanding of the benefits and structure of the SAPERE P4C model
- A clear understanding of how to recognise and use philosophical concepts to generate effective questions which lead to high quality enquiries
- How to develop the key skills and dispositions that learners need in order to make progress in P4C
- To develop an effective repertoire of facilitation techniques and skills which develop and deepen children’s thinking and enquiry skills within P4C and across the curriculum
- An appreciation of how to develop a community of enquiry/thinking classroom over time including the importance of evaluation and review of the enquiry process.
PLEASE BOOK DIRECTLY ONTO SESSIONS BELOW IF REQUIRED:
Wednesday, 30 January, 2019 9am-4:30
Wednesday, 27th March, 2019 9am-4:00
The course will be led by Jonathan Hannam
Cost: £190 for the two days and Level 1 accreditation
Our mission is to work alongside schools to help them provide each pupil they serve with the best quality education..
Together we can!